Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cutting Class

Brad Pitt's first big movie gig was in Cutting Class, an uninspired slasher film from 1989. I'm willing to bet that he wishes nobody remembered this movie and that they would stop putting his face so prominently on the DVD cover. That's not to say he does an especially bad job in the flick, but its hard to shine when you're in a turd like Cutting Class. The movie is about a troubled teen named Brian (not Brad Pitt) who's just been released from a mental hospital. Brian falls in love with Paula (also not Brad Pitt), but she's got a douchey boyfriend named Dwight (aka Brad Pitt). Now, if I hadn't already said "mental hospital" in the plot synopsis, you'd probably have a hard time believing that I was talking about a horror movie. But rest assured fright fans, this movie contains a handful of kills, a pervy Roddy McDowall, and some bizarre comic relief scenes that involve Martin Mull getting shot with arrows.

Rating: Brian Was The Killer% (There, now you don't have to watch it.)

(Image from mispeliculas2.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

What does it say about me that I still want to see this?

Quammy said...

I wouldn't sweat it. I watched the movie last year and did not care for it, yet I still went ahead and bought the DVD when I found it in a pawn shop over the summer.