Monday, May 3, 2010

The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails

When I first bought this album, I hated it so much because it wasn't a bunch of songs identical to "The Perfect Drug." At the same time, nyc ghosts + flowers was my favorite Sonic Youth album. I don't know what was exactly wrong with me when I was a sophomore in college, but man was I dumb. The way Reznor weaves certain melodies and lyrics through both discs of the album makes it seem as though it is more like a symphony than a rock album, and this is now my favorite Nine Inch Nails record. Also, according to Wikipedia, Human Clay by Creed followed this as the number one album, so I guess I wasn't the only person whose head wasn't right about music in 1999.

RATING: 92%

2 comments:

Quammy said...

I probably haven't listened to Nine Inch Nails since this album came out. I remember liking it when it was first released because it seemed like the most optimistic/"upbeat" Nine Inch Nails record I had ever heard.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

but... i like creed...