Thursday, May 15, 2008

Punisher: In The Beginning

I'm conflicted about enjoying The Punisher. On one hand, he mercilessly kills criminals with no trial in horribly brutal ways, which I am against. On the other hand, Garth Ennis' run on this book has been fucking amazing. Seriously, this is one of the books I look forward to every month, and it sucks that he's leaving in a few issues. Garth Ennis is known for writing The Preacher, a comic I read the first trade of and liked, but then never finished reading because I had a job or something. It kicked a lot of ass, so this was a great fit for him. This was the first explicit content Punisher ever, and I have to say there are a lot of f-bombs (by which I mean the word fuck) and a lot of people getting graphically murdered, but the Punisher is a pretty amazing badass in it so why don't you buy it and tell 'em Glenn sent you.

RATING: 82%

4 comments:

LoCo said...

I liked his older brother, Big Punisher. I was so sad when he died.

Anonymous said...

For a second, I thought The Punisher was one of your top 100 flicks of all time. However, it was better than the Capt. America disaster.


John from Daejeon

John said...

I've never liked the Punisher very much. I mean, he's the original anti-hero, but I've always found the people who love punisher are the same douchebags who only read X-men for Wolverine. Basically, I bitch about everything.

DCP said...

I don't really care about the Punisher or Wolverine too much, but Garth Ennis has been consistently publishing what might be the best monthly book out there. How can I argue with that?