Sunday, May 11, 2008

No Country For Old Men

#92 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

(I should say that until we get to the top 10, the movies aren't in order, because that would just take a million years to rank them).

I didn't want to put too many recent movies on this list, because I've always been a proponent of waiting a while to let a movie's impact sink in, but this one is amazing. It's a great sort of chase movie for most of it, but if it wasn't for a moment 90% in which the narrative totally shifts and it leaves typical movie territory, then it wouldn't be as great as it is. I took out United 93 from my old myspace version of this list, because even though that movie is extremely well made, I can't picture myself ever watching it again for the rest of my life.

RATING: 91%

2 comments:

Loren said...

I would say it's a solid 90% and Into the Wild is 91% for sentimental reasons.

laurie said...

God I love No Country. And it marks one of the few times in recent memory that the Academy actually gave out a legitimate Best Picture award. Huzzah.