Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Iron Man

Well I have to say that this was probably one of the top four comic book movies of all time, next to X-Men 2 (I refuse to say X2), Spider-man 2, and Superman. People who maybe aren't quite as large a geek as me were always like "Oh man, I can't believe they cast Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, this movie will blow," but many of us knew this was genius. In the comics, Tony Stark is a womanizing alcoholic douchebag, so the casting was perfect. Anyway, this was great in addition to Robert Downey Jr. because it had so much respect for the source material, and it actually seems like Marvel is working to create a movie universe filled with their heroes. And there was a lot of stuff getting blown up real good which didn't hurt.

RATING: 83%

5 comments:

Jen said...

I wholeheartedly agree. I've never actually read Iron Man (I never read Spiderman, X-Men, or Batman until after the movies either), but I thought the casting was perfect. And Hot. The movie was thrilling and engaging, the characters were dynamic, and I really wished I had come up with some of Stark Industry's promo language for my company's website. And I'll say it again: especially for an over-the-hill addict, RDJr. is freaking hot.

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

God...I'm loving this new ability to delete faulty comments.

Anyway, though I have yet to see Iron Man, I don't know why it was such a controversy casting Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. It sounds like a role that was made for him. Can't wait to actually see him pull it off. Don't worry. It will be soon--like this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I also liked the climax where Robocop and his improved upon design, ED-209, fought to the death.

John from Daejeon

DCP said...

Do you remember in Robocop 2 where the bad guy just gets away at the end and when Robocop's partner tells him Robocop just goes "Well, we're only human" and then it cuts to the credits?