Saturday, May 3, 2008

Harold And Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay

When I told a friend the other day that I was going to see this movie he asked me to let him know how it was. I said I could probably sum it up without seeing it, and that it had some funny parts, a lot of slow parts, and thought it was a lot more socially conscious than it actually was. Well, bingo. If you like pot humor and nudity, then you should see this movie I guess, and it's also a step in the right direction that even though these two characters are still pretty stereotyped (the Asian guy, Harold, is a neat freak who works in business, and the Indian guy, Kumar, was in med school and had demanding parents), at least they are the main characters and plus they smoke a lot of weed which isn't a stereotype for them. So check it out if you like to smoke pot or laugh.

RATING: 53%

4 comments:

laurie said...

I'm embarrassed that you saw that movie.

LoCo said...

I guess Laurie doesn't have a big crush on John Cho like some other people who may or may not share her name do.

John said...

Do you think the notorious cheetah scene in the original H&K is a conscious reference to Happy Day's "jumping the shark?" Because it's hella fucking lame if it isn't.

DCP said...

I don't think so. I never liked the cheetah scene to be honest.