Thursday, May 29, 2008

Darkhawk Issues 1-9

When I was a kid, Darkhawk was the first new superhero book I ever bought. Until then, I was buying mainly Star Trek comics and the occasional Spider-man book. But with issue 5, I was hooked. He looked so great, and he was kind of flawed when he was his regular high school self, Chris Powell. Little did I realize that a) the book was really terrible, and b) he was a ripoff of Spider-man/Peter Parker anyway. However, all these years later I have a soft spot for the character, and still love to see him pop up every now and then. Basically, Darkhawk is powered by this alien amulet that whenever Chris Powell touches it and wants to become Darkhawk WHAMMO! he does. There's a lot of interdimensional nonsense that I can't get into right now because it's ludicrous. Anyway, long story short, I love Darkhawk but the first 9 issues of his comic sucked, and so did the other 41 to be fair.

RATING: 32%

No comments: