Thursday, May 15, 2008

Collection II by The Misfits

Well, what can I say about this album that I didn't already say about The Riverdales and The Ramones a few reviews back? Everybody knows and loves/hates The Misfits. I don't know why I didn't listen to them back in high school when I was obsessed with horror movies, because a doo-whoppy punk band crooning about murder probably would have fit right into my sort of schtick. Anyway, Last Caress is a great song, sure the lyrics are horrible, but it makes it kind of funny because it's somewhat beautiful.

RATING: 70%

2 comments:

Jen said...

Which came first: this version of The Misfits, or The Misfits from Jem and the Holograms? Because one of them didn't do their research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JYWOF2lbWU

DCP said...

I think they wanted the punk band Misfits to voice themselves in the show, but then they had already broken up at that point and Glen Danzig wanted too much money.