Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Citizen Kane

#100 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Yeah yeah, it's great, everybody knows it. Seriously, though, if you watched this movie and didn't know anything about it or when it was shot, you'd think it was made in the late sixties or seventies, and the black and white was just a gimmick. I mean, the camera work is terrific. I hate it when people say things were ahead of their time, because it seems easy, but damn, Gina, this was ahead of its time.

RATING: 85%

(I'm reposting my top 100 movies one by one until we get to the top, since nobody reads my myspace blog anymore)

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Well, I definitely give this points for being ahead of its time, but another 10 years as AFI's number one movie of all time? I still don't know about that.

Honestly, I could go for Touch of Evil being a new number one--or even being on the list. At least it made on the nomination list, I guess. Thanks for the bread crumbs, AFI.

Anonymous said...

Glenn. No more Martin references. I fucking HATE Martin. So let's be done with that rightquick.

Oh, and CitKane (that's what the kids call it) is excellent, and me am glad that it made your list.

...(is Poe Stumaden on this list?)

DCP said...

Jacqui, as you know Touch of Evil makes my top 100, though much higher than CitKane.

Bryan, I won't make any more Martin references, or should I say Mar-innnnnnnnn.

Poe Stumaden is number 2, behind only Mystery Solvers.

Jacqui said...

Yes. I do know that indeed, which is one of the reasons why (Martin references aside) your list rocks and AFI's sucks.

laurie said...

CitKane = BoringKane

(Sorry, truth hurts.)