Saturday, May 31, 2008

Burns BBQ

I'm no Q expert, but I take it fairly seriously, and so does Roy Burns at Burns BBQ. I got the 3 meat combo with potato salad and beans for $8.50 (why would you pay $7.50 for only 2?). It was some good Q too. The brisket was almost falling apart and you could pull the meat on the ribs right off the bone. My only issue is that I prefer the Central Texas style BBQ (typically, pecan and oak wood) over the East Texas/African-American style (hickory wood) at Burns. It's just a matter of preference, and Burns is pretty solid either way.

RATING: 74%

4 comments:

DCP said...

Sorry to use your meal for both of our pictures, but the picture of my food was all blurry.

laurie said...

That is some tasty looking bbq.

LoCo said...

Indeed it is. But I have to admit: since moving to Texas, I have yet to be moved by the BBQ. Will it ever happen for me?

Chris said...

When are you free to take a trip? This morning? Later today?