Saturday, May 31, 2008

Burns Bar BQ

If you are like me and grew up with Carolina style bbq in Florida, then you might have a chip on your shoulder about Texans talking all big about Texas style bbq being the best. Well, I have to say that while I think I still prefer Carolina style on the whole, this place Burns was pretty awesome. For $7.50 you get all that food, which is two meats, beans, potato salad, and bread. I got their famous homemade links and brisket. It was delicious and if you live in Houston and don't mind driving 30 minutes out of town then check this place out unless you are some kind of vagetarian or something.

RATING: 87%

4 comments:

laurie said...

What's the difference?

DCP said...

Carolina style is a lot of pork, and the sauce is more important than Texas style. In true Texas style bbq, there really isn't any sauce. It's all rub. Carolina style has a lot of vinegar type sauce that is delicious.

LoCo said...

Baah I wish I went. That looks like one hell of a brisket.

John said...

What's your beef with vagitarians? Are you saying a man who eats nothin' but pussy is some kinda sissy?