Sunday, May 18, 2008

AI: Artificial Intelligence

#82 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

This movie gets a bad rap for some reason, but I think that apart from a couple of what I like to call "John Williams is too emotional" moments, this movie is pretty great. Everybody says it would be better without the "sappy" ending thousands of years in the future, but to me that's just SPOILER the machine fulfilling its programming to its fullest extent. There's no real emotion there. Starting with Saving Private Ryan I think Spielberg really entered the best phase of his career. Even though I hated War of the Worlds, it still had a bunch of terrifically terrifying scenes.

RATING: 86%

3 comments:

LoCo said...

This movie was just so bad, Glenn. So bad.

John said...

I blame Tom "Douchebag" Cruise for War of the Worlds. Someone should really do a short film where H.G. Wells rises from the dead and pistol-whips him to death.

laurie said...

(Sound of me vomiting)